Monday, June 9, 2008

Yummy in my tummy!

I know everybody has tasted the yummy corn dogs that they have at the fair! So you all should know what I'm talking about, if not then this is your lucky day! Tonight I felt creative so I made home made corn dogs and they tasted just like the ones from the fair. The way they looked is a different story. Next time I'll have to work on the appearance! The next time you get a craving for a corn dog and it's the middle of winter, no fairs are in site , and a frozen one just won't due, try this recipe. Sense I love recipes and trying new things, if you do use this recipe please leave me one to try! Hey I could be starting a new blog trend, I mean I hope I'm starting a new blog trend! If you don't have a recipe or don't want to leave me one, please just let me know if you liked it!

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal ( I used JIFFY corn muffin mix )
  • 3/4 cup self-rising flour
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 10 Popsicle sticks or 10 5cm x 30cm doll rods ( I used 10 doll rods cut down to size. They're cheaper and fit better.)
  • 10 hot dogs
  • deep fryer

Directions: In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour and egg. Stir in milk to make a thick batter. Let stand 4 minutes. Insert sticks into hot dogs, dip in batter.Heat oil to 375°. Fry corn dogs until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Drain on paper towel.

No comments: